The Ambassador was built in 1928 and has continually served the elite Springfield community as an apartment building since that time. It has been remodeled and renovated, however we have kept the timeless beauty and charm of the building.
Located on Elm Street just off of National this four-story building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Brand new appliances, lighting, and freshly painted walls, compliment the refurbished original hard-wood floors, trim, cabinets, and refinished bathrooms. A perfect blend of new and old make it a one-of-a-kind place to live.
The Ambassador is within walking distance to MSU and only minutes away from shopping and Springfield’s downtown nightlife.
Please contact us to schedule a viewing or apply online today!
- Gated Private Parking
- Fitness Center
- Dish Network
- All Utilities Paid
- Secured Keyed Building
- Coin Operated Laundry Area
- After Hours Security
- 24 Hour Maintenance
- Water & Air Purifier in Building
- Quiet Library/Common Area
- Pet Free Complex
WAITING LIST IN FULL SWING! GET ON THE LIST TODAY
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Sunday Closed
- Location: Southwood Properties LLC,1234 E. Elm Springfield, MO 65802
- Phone: 417-869-5421 / Fax: 417-869-5509
- Email: Leasing@southwoodproperties.com
No Pets Allowed
Application Fee/Rental Insurance
During the application process we check Credit, Income Verification, Rental References, and a Background check. We are a Felon Free Community or if you are on the Sex Offender List, or have been Evicted and owe another Property Company, we will not be able to assist you with your rental needs.
All application fees are Non-Refundable. Fees are as follows:
$25.00 per person over 18 yrs. of age.
$35.00 per Married couple.
For your protection all Tenants are required to carry Rental Insurance while renting from Southwood Properties. A Leasing Agent will help walk you through this process prior to signing a lease.
Once your application is approved you would be required to place a deposit on the apartment/home of your choice to secure it prior to moving in. Deposits are refundable up to 30 days after move out minus any cleaning charges or damages.
Restoration fees are for applicants who have bad credit, no credit, do not have rental references, or a co-signer. Restoration fees are non-refundable.
The Deposit/Restoration Fee rates are:
- Studio- $400.00
- 1 Bedroom-$400.00
- 2 Bedroom-$500.00
- No Restoration Fees Allowed
Pre-Leasing is a way to secure an apartment that is over a two week to several months in advance time frame of moving in to your choice of apartments. This is an especially great program for students who leave for the summer and need a place when they return for school in the fall. Here is how our Pre-Leasing Program works:
- The first step is to find an apartment style to your liking.
- Then you will need to file an application. (link to apply online)
- In order for us to reserve an apartment for you, we will need you to pay the deposit for the apartment. *Please refer to Deposits for deposit amounts*.
- Deposits will guarantee you a comparable apartment you desire, just not a specific one. Please keep in mind that rental prices may vary due to the relevant condition of appliances, carpet, etc.
- Once we have processed your application, a Leasing Agent will be in contact with you to inform you of the required term, if any.
- When you have agreed to the terms, we will secure an apartment comparable to your specifications so that it will be available for you at the requested date. Since we are reserving an apartment, should you change your mind for any reason; the deposit will not be refunded.
- Finally, when it is two weeks before your projected move in date, we will assign you to a specific apartment. Then, within that two week period we ask that you set up an appointment so that all Lease documents can be signed by all parties.