University Park Apartments are located near the corner of Cherry and Glenstone. These Studios, 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units would put you just minutes from Public Transportation, the Battlefield Mall, MSU, Starbucks, McDonald’s, and everything in downtown Springfield!
Along with the pool/BBQ area to enjoy with your friends, this fun community complex has an onsite Manager to help answer any questions you may have!
Please contact us to schedule a viewing or apply online today!
- Pool/BBQ Area
- Pet Friendly Community
- Multiple Coin Operated Laundry Areas
- Off Street Parking
- 24 Hour Maintenance
- After Hours Security
Studio, 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom Availability.
- Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Sunday Closed
- Location: Southwood Properties LLC,1234 E. Elm Springfield, MO 65802
- Phone: 417-869-5421 / Fax: 417-869-5509
- Email: Leasing@southwoodproperties.com
At Southwood Properties your pet would have to meet the following criteria in order to be approved:
- There is a $150.00 Non-Refundable Pet Fee per pet.
- Rent will increase $15.00 per pet per month.
- Pet will have to be 30lbs or LESS at full growth.
- Current shot records will need to be on file prior to moving in.
- No large fish tanks, birds, reptiles, hamsters, rabbits, or ferrets will be permitted at any time.
- No pets allowed in the Ambassador, H&T, and East Cherry Flats apartment complexes.
Application Fee/Rental Insurance
During the application process we check Credit, Income Verification, Rental References, and a Background check. We are a Felon Free Community and if you are on the Sex Offender List, have been Evicted, or owe another Property Company we will not be able to assist you with your rental needs.
All application fees are Non-Refundable.
In Person Fees are as follows:
$25.00 per person over 18 yrs. of age.
$35.00 per Married couple.
Online Application Fees with a Card are as follows:
$35.00 per person over 18 yrs. of age.
$45.00 per Married couple.
For your protection all Tenants are required to carry Rental Insurance while renting from Southwood Properties. A Leasing Agent will help walk you through this process prior to signing a lease.
Once your application is approved you would be required to place a deposit on the apartment/home of your choice to secure it prior to moving in. Deposits are refundable up to 30 days after move out minus any cleaning charges or damages.
Restoration fees are for applicants who have bad credit, no credit, do not have rental references, or a co-signer. Restoration fees are non-refundable.
The Deposit/Restoration Fee rates are:
- Studio- $300.00
- 1 Bedroom-$300.00
- 2 Bedroom-$400.00
- 3 Bedroom-$500.00
- Studio- $450.00
- 1 Bedroom-$550.00
- 2 Bedroom-$650.00
- 3 Bedroom-$750.00
Pre-Leasing is a way to secure an apartment that is over a two week to several months in advance time frame of moving in to your choice of apartments. This is an especially great program for students who leave for the summer and need a place when they return for school in the fall. Here is how our Pre-Leasing Program works:
- The first step is to find an apartment style to your liking.
- Then you will need to file an application. (link to apply online)
- In order for us to reserve an apartment for you, we will need you to pay the deposit for the apartment. *Please refer to Deposits for deposit amounts*.
- Deposits will guarantee you a comparable apartment you desire, just not a specific one. Please keep in mind that rental prices may vary due to the relevant condition of appliances, carpet, etc.
- Once we have processed your application, a Leasing Agent will be in contact with you to inform you of the required term, if any.
- When you have agreed to the terms, we will secure an apartment comparable to your specifications so that it will be available for you at the requested date. Since we are reserving an apartment, should you change your mind for any reason; the deposit will not be refunded.
- A pre-leasing letter must be signed by all resident of the apartment. (link to pre-leasing letter)
- Finally, when it is two weeks before your projected move in date, we will assign you to a specific apartment. Then, within that two week period we ask that you set up an appointment so that all Lease documents can be signed by all parties.